Why do women say being a nice guy doesn't mean being a doormat?

Yet, whenever a nice guy sticks up for himself and refuses to be a doormat they call him an asshole? Also, as a note for the downvote brigade, I obviously don't mean all women.

1427

Most Helpful Girl

• Those kinds of girls basically want a sweet and shy guy who turns into an extremely confident alpha male whenever the slightest adversity arises.

Obviously these kinds of guys don't exist. They're stuck chasing the "ideal" guy and ignore everyone else.

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of guys that think they are nice aren't. Many "nice guys" just act like doormats, just act a certain way trying to impress a woman, it never works. They put up this act, then at some point "stick up for themselves", basically explode, showing their real colors. Those guys are assholes.

Thing about your male friends. I'm sure you know some that are nice guys. They are genuine and real, say what's on their mind, don't act like robots. They tell you right away when something bothers them, they don't bottle it up. But if one was always nice, complimenting you, agreeing with you, pretending to like what you like, is that a nice guy?

In my experience, most guys that claim they are nice and have a great personality are horrible, full of anger and frustration.