Most Helpful Girl
I think there has to be physical attration but I have been attracted to a couple of people strictly from their personality
Most Helpful Guy
Humans exhibit both short term and long term mating strategies. This is the source of your confusion.
- biggest concern is access
- willing to accomodate reduced attractiveness "beauty is only a light switch away"
- greater concern for physical attractiveness
- greater concern for loyalty
These compensate a man for giving up variety
- only seeking the best physical specimen for access to quality genes - attractiveness is the ONLY consideration
- attractiveness does play a role in establishing initial interest
- personality, integrity, intelligence, humor and resourcefulness also play a great role
Basically, from the perspective of a woman. The question is this:
"Is she looking for sperm or for a husband?"
If the former, then attractiveness is the only game. If the latter, then a balanced approach which includeds physical attractiveness only as one quality among many applies.