Most Helpful Girl
I think there has to be physical attration but I have been attracted to a couple of people strictly from their personality1THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
Most Helpful Guy
Humans exhibit both short term and long term mating strategies. This is the source of your confusion.
- biggest concern is access
- willing to accomodate reduced attractiveness "beauty is only a light switch away"
- greater concern for physical attractiveness
- greater concern for loyalty
These compensate a man for giving up variety
- only seeking the best physical specimen for access to quality genes - attractiveness is the ONLY consideration
- attractiveness does play a role in establishing initial interest
- personality, integrity, intelligence, humor and resourcefulness also play a great role
Basically, from the perspective of a woman. The question is this:
"Is she looking for sperm or for a husband?"
If the former, then attractiveness is the only game. If the latter, then a balanced approach which includeds physical attractiveness only as one quality among many applies.1THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE