What do I talk about with women who dont want to talk about the stock market, business, or technology?

I will be the first to admit that I am kind of a nerd, and I have horrible social skills so I struggle talking about things that I percieve not important (like sports, emotions, etc). Its just stuff I literally know nothing about. I prefer to talk about things like business, stocks, investing, technology, and stuff like that, which works great with most men who are into that kind of stuff, but very few women I meet dont really seem interested in talking about the stock market, business practices, or anything remotely related to that, in fact most of them seem turned off by me that those are the only things I know how to talk about, and they usually dont go for a second date. My question is, what do you talk about on a date? I try to get her to do the talking but in my experience that doesn't work that well, because she does all this talking and I will know her whole life story, but she won't know anything about me, so its very awkward. There was this one woman I dated who I kept asking questions and getting to talk, and we went on like 4 dates before she found out that I had 3 brothers, meanwhile I could name her parents, grandparents, entire extended family, etc etc etc. I really just dont even know what to talk about. Before you ask yes I am this bad socially, in a business setting I perform very well, but I can't for the life of me talk to women.

2317

Most Helpful Girl

• My first reaction was find women who are nerdy, too. But then I read the part where you perceive emotions as not very important, I thought, oh, that would be a deal-breaker for me. I don't need my boyfriend to be my only friend, but I wouldn't get too involved with a guy who seemed disinterested if I shared something that was emotionally weighty for me, and I'd have a hard time trusting a guy who never shared any of his feelings with me. "Emotionally unavailable." Not sure what advice that leads me to. Can you tell stories about yourself? Like, instead of talking about how you feel about your three brothers, do you have memories to share of when you and your brothers did ___? If you want her to know things about you but you mostly want to talk about business and tech, can you figure out what you want her to know about you (besides business and tech) and share that, or if there isn't other stuff you think is important for her to know about you, figure out what she's supposed to learn about you from your business and tech talk and go there?
    I dunno, I'm kinda back to my first instinct. There are probably lots of men you can't find much to talk about with because you're disinterested in sports, and yet you find men to connect to. I think you should be looking for women who are themselves fascinated with the stock market...

Most Helpful Guy

• While I'm better at small talk than you, I sort of share your interests and very few women are interested.

The exception I've found is if I talk about things like relationships or self impovement. Not relationships in the sense of 'who likes who' like gossip (which they enjoy) but more from an abstract model type of view. The way you, with your mind, would look at how relationships and people work and evolve and what makes them fulfilling. It's a topic women love from an angle that they often don't have. I've occasionally spoken about this sort of thing with women, and they are so drawn in it's crazy.

What Girls Said 22

• Find a girl who is interested in that stuff. They do exist. Don't settle for the superficial ones who only worry about whether or not the rain will ruin their $500 handbag.

I'm actually quite interested in the topics that you mentioned. You just gotta find a girl who shares your interests.

• When you are on a date keep the conversation light! Movies, sports, travel, family.
    Get a feel for who she is not what she knows

• I would say find a girl who shares your interests. But you've said you don't view things like emotions as important, which leads me to ask, why are you looking for a girlfriend? Emotions are the basis of a relationship.
    I'd first suggest you do some psychological work, with coming to terms with emotions and the need for them in your life. I don't think you'll ever find a fulfilling relationship while you ignore that.

• Ahahhahaahaa xD

I struggle talking about things that I percieve not important (like sports, emotions, etc). Its just stuff I literally know nothing about.

No emotions huh? 😰😞

You sound like a great listener. You can actually use that to you advantage. Mirror her. When she tells you something about her life, like her fmaily, parents etc talk about yours. Use her answers to talk about yourself so she doesn't feel like the only talking. If she has any questions answer those too. If all else fails, talk about where you are, favorite foods hobbies or stuff tou want to do someday.

• Most people like to talk about themselves, so ask her about what's going on in her life.

• I would recommend you talk about current events the most because you will never run out of things to say. But you can start with family, your jobs, your interests, stuff people don't really know about you, etc. Plus when you're on a date go see the movie first then go to dinner then you can just talk about the movie.

• travel, books you've read, even movies you've watched, her hobbies, ya your family. like your brothers are they older or younger? Any of them has a family? Did you get along as kids? stufff like that

• Yeah, business and stocks? Really? That's dull as fuck for a date.

When asking questions of here, give your answer too! Like asking about her family, then tell her about yours. Share!

• Instead of trying to talk about things that do not interest you, you should find women who want to talk about the same things you do. I know it's hard but once you try talking about things that don't interest you, you will find that is just as hard.
    That's my personal experience anyway.

• Meet another like minded person like yourself. I think you will fare better than talk to someone who doesn't share your main interests in life.

• You've got two options. The first one is to not talk about a particular subject, but to briefly jump over everything. So proposing a light-hearted game by asking each other questions, could be advantageous for you to get to know each other. The second option is the most logical one, which is to date women who actually share your interests. Perhaps not all of them, but at least one. You wouldn't want to date somebody if they know nothing of what you love, so why pay for dinners for them? Don't!

• Do you have hobbies outside of work, movies you like? Do you read novels?
    I'd like to mention that I'm getting the impression you're not as comfortable opening up about your personal life. Perhaps that's a boundary you need to work on to be able to connect better.
    Alternatively, find a woman who likes to talk business and live happily ever after.

• talk your mother her mother , Christmas , Halloween , birthdays, death , life , so on so many topics or non sense doesn't matter a conversation is a conversation you dont even have to make sense just be funny

• Current events, hobbies, travel adventures... lots!

• might be a defence mechanism

you freak out, and talk about something you're comfortable with
    to make you seem smarticle

this'll disappear with experience

• Talk about them, women would love to talk about themselves trust me. She may be a bit held back as she doesn't want to think she's just talking all the time and neglecting yu or ignoring you so LOOK interested even if your not. From this you can find out a lot about her, chances are whatever she tells you is just the 'top layer' of it all and there would be a lot more she could talk about to do with that subject. Just keep track of what she talks about. LISTEN TO HER. Then the next time you guys talk you can bring up one of those topics and share your own relatable stories about that subject to involve yourself as well. GOOD LUCK

• Don't you think it would make sense to learn about the things that people usually like to talk about? You don't know about sports or entertainment news learn about i watch TV or go to the library.

• Lets face it, people love talking about themselves. So when you're on a date talk about music, movies, food, places you've been, places you'd like to someday go. Ask ask ask her questions about herself and after she gives her answer try giving you own.

• You can start off light. Talk about local attractions, movies, music, museums, food or travel. Maybe if she's into art, or architecture you can talk about the buildings of the stock market. I for one am not as interested in that, but I loved seeing the NYSE building. So it made it interesting for both myself and my date.

• There's an online school aimed at specifically that. They teach people how to be socially competent and not reduce their social interaction to something as superficial as common interest.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3XTGtk7Hsk

• Anything besides that...

• talk about hobbies.

What Guys Said 16

• Don't talk about yourself - talk about her. Ask her open-ended questions, and listen to what she says - don't just nod your head. . . listen.

You'll find something in what she says that will correlate to something you like and you'll find something to talk about, but make sure the conversation goes back to her. Build rapport with her, show interest in the things she likes, and all will go well.

If you like business and 'market trends', then view this as a sales pitch. In order to sell something, you'll first want to build rapport by showing interest in the person you're selling to. And, obviously, you're the product you're selling.

• Change your social circle..

go to school or back to school, find volunteer opportunities for something you care about etc

build a new social circle with people that have similar interests and invest in that circle.

part of the issue is that you are not exposing yourself to the right people... and I'm talking about both guys and gals. You are introverted and passionate about certain things, not a bad combo., you just need the right place to show it

• One universal truth in life is everyone likes to talk about themselves. So there you go, ask her about herself, what she likes, what she wants to do with her life, her family, blahblah. And listen intently. Find things you have in common to connect with.

• The girl where you knew everything about her before she figured out to ask about you... You did your part. Shoot for that with every woman. The right one will stop you asking about her and will express interest in you. If you have to force your interests on her, it's not going to work anyway. Not sure if you know anything about guns, but dating is like using a shotgun rather than a rifle. You want as many pellets (dates) as possible. A lot will miss the mark, but the more you have in your shot, the better chance you have to actually hit the target (a women that you are compatible with). A date that doesn't work out is not a failure, just a learning experience.

• Maybe you are not dating the right women then. The right girl for you will love talking about what you love.

• You will be pretty boring to many women unfortunately. Talk about her. Ask her questions. You really need to look for hobbies such as sports, movies, TV shows, music. You don't have to talk to her about those specifically, but having some of those knowledge helps. Get her to talk about HER job, HER interests, HER hobbies, talk about her clothing. Ask questions about those listed above.

• You could try sports, dogs, or guns...

• Talk about stocks for a specific brand they may be into.

• Yeah don't talk about the stock market. haha You could mention it, and answer any question she has about it, but move onto another topic. I have the same problem, all my hobbies are guy hobbies, so girls don't have any interest in them.

• Ask them about their shoes and then say Oh... uh huh... yeah... OH YEAH... cool until they get annoyed that you don't give a fuck about the trivialities that they consider important.

• Talk to her about how she's doing, where does she work, what does she like to do, blah blah blah, women LOVE personal stuff.

• Does anyone want to talk to you.

• movies, marvel comics, the world

• Trust me, those women aren't worth your time.

• find people of similar interests...

• Her sex life