Please recognize that atheist comes from "a-" meaning "not" and "-theist" meaning "believer in God". It is simply a person who does not believe in God, Gods, etc.
- I would date an atheist, no problemVote A
- It would affect me, but I'd do it and make it workVote B
- It would affect me, but I'd struggle and it would be difficultVote C
- I would not date an atheist, no wayVote D
Most Helpful Girl
I sure would, actually am dating one now.
I don't identify myself as belonging to any religion so it's nice to be with someone that I don't have to worry will try to push their religion and any religion-influenced traditions on me.4THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
Most Helpful Guy
A self proclaimed Atheist? Nope
I'd be open to an agnostic but atheism like all religions has become an identity with people like Richard Dawkins and Sam Harris as it's vicers of their disciples.
The reason why I'd be more open to an agnostic as oposed to an atheist is the reasons below. Also the fact that rather than challenge their own theories against their own criteria, they tend to unobjectively assert them as facts that all other beliefs need to fit.
- The belief in scientism (as opposed to science)
- The belief in reductionism
- The belief in naturalism
- The belief in morality (heck some atheists even belief in objective morals yet never define them)
- The belief in the brain as a mindless system of reactions (thus no basis for trusting any beliefs including their own)
I would enjoy discussing certain things but not if there i no possibility of a discussion other than "I'm right, God doesn't exist end of debate" type reasoning5THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
- Show AllShow Less