My boyfriend got a new girlfriend while we are still together Advice?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 years now. Not trying to be mean but my boyfriend is not the smartest person when it comes to common sense he gets paranoid a lot. He is very gulliable and if someone told him something and he did not research it he would think it is true. Moving on I have not contacted my boyfriend for a week because I told him that I was going on a trip with my family and I was not able to use my phone before I left we came to an understanding that nothing bad was going to happen while I was gone. Next thing I know after a week I text him and he acts like he has not heard from me in years and tells me that he thought I was dead or that I wanted to break up with him because I did not contact him for a while week (wtf?) so he tells me that since he thought I was dead and that we would never be together again he took it upon himself to find another girlfriend. He told me that now that he knows I am alright and that since we are "still dating" he thinks it would be better that we would be friends because he does not want to be a jerk and break up with his new girlfriend because it would not be fair to her that he randomly breaks up with her to get back together with his current girlfriend. The whole time boyfriend is telling me this I am thinking "are you freaking mental? Why would you do something like this?" Long story short we ended up breaking up so that he can continue his so called relationship with his new girlfriend so that he does not break her heart by dumping her out of nowhere. I told him to take all of the time that he needed to figure things out and that we could stay friends the whole time he is trying to comfort me telling me its alright to cry and not to be mad. I do not understand his reasoning and wtf is going in his mind Advice?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• Your ex boyfriend has trouble communicating, is inconsiderate, and after 2 years, you're still not a priority. What about that is worth longing for?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you should get back together with him as he went and got another girlfriend while being with you. So he cheated. Maybe he is comforting you as a way of making him self feel better and maybe he wanted to be with this girl all along and is using this as an excuse. Did you tell him you were going away. If yes then he should have know you were coming back. A week is a short time to find someone new. You sure he wasn't talking to her before.