Guys, Why does he act interested in me but ends up not responding when setting a day to hang out?

I met him on a dating site, I am a BBW and clearly show in pix full body and profile info. But it didn't matter to him so we continued to talk more. we would joked about everything. He brought up that we should hang on Saturday and we texted most of the day about what todo and goofy chat. We were going to hang out at 7. Time came and asked if work went ok and if he was too tired to hang out, that rescheduling would be fine. No answer. Texted 1hr later and said goodnight. No answer... Did I do something wrong with showing interest of some sort? From the beginning I was true to being friends first and being a bbw. Why is it hard for people to say you are a great person but I don't see this going anywhere beyond texting or being friends. Can anyone enlighten me of why this would happen.

2