Would you go on a date your parents arranged for you?

My mom knows I am miserbale living back home for the year in a suburb when I am 23, very social and an independent city living type of person.

Anyway, she was just gossiping with a woman she works with and she has a doughter 2 years younger than me, but having the same exact problems of knowing no one and being bored in the suburbs... so they arranged a date for us.

I looked her up, I think she is pretty, but I am not really approaching this as a date as we could just be friends and I won't shy away from a freindship at this point either, but obviosuly I think she is cute and if we like eachother I am not opposed to dating either. Of course we could just hate eachother, though I suspect we are desperate enough for friends in the area to at least hang out.

I was just wondering if anyone else here has done something like this, or if it would bother you that your moms set you and a date up.

1322

Most Helpful Girl

• If I were in your position... probably. I mean, what could it hurt? You're being set up by your mom and she's being set up by hers. You'll both be able to laugh about the awkward situation you're in and and already have the topic of "meddling mothers who mean well" in common.

It'll either go well and you can see her again or it won't and you can chalk it up to an interesting experience.

As long as the mothers don't come along. That'd be just insanely ridiculous.

• Of course they would not go, I would turn it down at that point haha but thank you, I am of the same opinion that nothing too bad could really come of it, so why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd go. you said she is cute, so what do you have to lose really? Worst case scenario is that you don't like each other and go on your merry ways.