12,13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 & 19?
Most Helpful Guy
Socially acceptable, there is no hard number, everyone has a different maturity level, but as a guideline I would say 12-14, 14-16, 16-19
Legally, Canada has a sensible system
"a close-in-age exemption for sex between 14-15 year olds and partners up to 5 years older, and keeping an existing close-in-age clause for sex between 12-13 year olds and partners up to 2 years older."
Most Helpful Girl
Depends on the perspective each person, from each cultural background has of acceptable. I've known a 14 years old and a 20 year old dating and the guy was so madly in love with her for whatever reason that he literally waited until she turned 18 to have sex with her and now they're engaged. However, if we're speaking sexually wise, of course (in MY opinion) 12 isn't the right age to engage in any sort of sexual activity. I'd say 14-15 is ok to start experimenting (assuming they use protection, see there's lots of side questions to this...). If we're talking about dating, loving but not having sex until the younger (considering he/she is as young as 12-14) one is at least of age, there is no problem to emotionally getting involved with someone older, so long it is healthy and not based on lies/hidden. This is a very complicated subject to discuss, depending on a perspective. a 12 year old dating a 16+ year old can be very complicated because usually not every guy (or girl, if she's the oldest part) is like my friend and happens to wait and be so devoted haha teens nowadays wanna fuck, let's be blunt. So your question is difficult to answer because it depends on many factors. Of course if you'd ask me straight away about a 12 year old dating a 17 year old I'd question it and I'd worry about the oldest ones motivations and drives to date a child (everyone would question it, of course). Basically what is viewed with less weirdness would be:
- a 12 year old dating no one younger than 10 and no one older than 14 (don't ask, 10 year olds nowadays thing they're so grown up xD...),
- a 13 year old dating no one younger than 11 and no one older than 15,
- a 14 year old dating no one younger than 12 and no one older than 16,
- a 15 year old dating no one younger than 13 and no one older than 18 (adding a bit here because the teenager actually starts to develop emotionally much deeper and faster by 15-16...)
- and at 16/17, it isn't seen as normal to date anyone older than their 20's, 25 tops and that's already perceived as weird.
See, it all depend son how we see it and what the people involved's intentions really are. There's always the paedophilia question that will always be brought up at all times.
This is a subject that one could discuss for days and days...
- Show AllShow Less