Do you date someone until you get a better offer?

Suppose the person you're dating just isn't the one for you, would you continue dating them until you get a better offer? What would you tell them?
I never stated relationship - I simply stated "dating".
I know plenty of people who "date up the ladder" - the question is whether they stick with the person/people they're currently dating until they get a better offer. I've seen plenty of women "use" their current date's status and connections to meet more people.

2923

Most Helpful Girl

• If they weren't the one for me, I would definitely continue dating but I would make sure to let them down gently, explaining carefully why it isn't going to work out while still being respectful towards them as a person. However, I would have to be absolutely sure that this person wasn't the one for me. I'm not one to make rash decisions. I have to think about things extensively before I do them.