Would you be comfortable dating a single parent? Yes/No?

Would you? Or would it depend on circumstances? What about a girl who had a baby between the age of 16-18 and now she's in her mid twenties to 30s?

So guys would you date a single mum and girls would you date a single dad?
  • Yes I would date a single parent
    Vote A
  • No I would not
    Vote B
  • Would depend entirely on circumstances
    Vote C
  • See results
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I've tried it and it'll be different for each single parent but here's the thing, regardless of how good of a match you are and how much you like each other, the single parent's kid (s) WILL get in the way of dating. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Even if you're not expected to be a father/mother figure, a lot of times you may not get to see each other because the single parent has to take care of their child (s), put them to bed, can't find a babysitter and other events related to parenting.

I understand that it has to be that way and it's the parent's responsibility but I'm not ready for that at this point. Last month, I started seeing a girl off tinder who had 2 kids and had a lot in common with and was very attractive but I only got to see her once and the kids and her working full time are making it hard to meet up, not to mention she lives about an hour away. I'm not saying I gotta see her every day of course but once a month is too few for dating. It may as well be a long distance relationship.

Bottom line is if you have a best friend who's a parent, which I have a few of, and you hardly get to see them then the same thing will happen with your date who's a single parent. Realize what you're getting into.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 50

• Yes, I would date a single parent.

2|0
    0|0
  • Probably not at this point in my life.

2|0
    0|0
  • Its Just dating does not mean I am a new father

1|0
    0|0
    • But that kid will be around and may even look to you as being the 'new father' figure

• Show All
    • Thank you :) and yeah I'll bare that in mind! You can feel free to message me too sometime if you want

• no. .

1|0
    0|0
  • I have done and would again

2|0
    0|0
  • No I will not date a girl with a child

1|0
    0|0
  • At my age, I don't think I have much of a choice.

1|0
    0|0
  • if i loved her

1|0
    0|0
  • I Will date with single mum & girl.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah not into that especially at my age

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, not a problem

1|0
    0|0
  • No, because they have a kid.

0|1
    1|0
  • I'm too young to raise kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at my age.

0|0
    0|0
  • If her old spouse died then I would be completely okay with it, but if she was just a whore who had kids off her last boyfriend, or who divorced her husband for a dumb reason then I would stay as far away as possible.

1|1
    0|0
    • Absolutely! I totally agree with this opinion. If she had died or something I would be fine with it. Or if his wife had left him. But as for the single mum to a seven year old at 25 or a single dad with 2 kids below the age of 21? No thank you!

• The having a child part would be a bit of an issue because I don't want children. Already had enough helping raise my little sister for the past decade.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have dated single mum I didn't Like it but it wasn't that bad if she's hot I won't mind

0|0
    0|0
  • Single mothers are a dealbreaker.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only if I loved her and liked the kid (s).

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how she came to be a single parent. If it was by choice, I would not date her. I think it says a lot about a woman if she believes it is OK to raise a child without a father.

1|0
    0|0
    • I dont think all of single parents plan to be single parents. I tried to work things out with my daughters dad for a long time and I was miserable and so was my family.. It wasn't worth it. He is still of course in her life though..

What Girls Said 25

Recommended myTakes