Would you be comfortable dating a single parent? Yes/No?

Would you? Or would it depend on circumstances? What about a girl who had a baby between the age of 16-18 and now she's in her mid twenties to 30s?

So guys would you date a single mum and girls would you date a single dad?
  • Yes I would date a single parent
  • No I would not
  • Would depend entirely on circumstances
    Vote C
  • See results
    Vote D

2551

Most Helpful Guy

• I've tried it and it'll be different for each single parent but here's the thing, regardless of how good of a match you are and how much you like each other, the single parent's kid (s) WILL get in the way of dating. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Even if you're not expected to be a father/mother figure, a lot of times you may not get to see each other because the single parent has to take care of their child (s), put them to bed, can't find a babysitter and other events related to parenting.

I understand that it has to be that way and it's the parent's responsibility but I'm not ready for that at this point. Last month, I started seeing a girl off tinder who had 2 kids and had a lot in common with and was very attractive but I only got to see her once and the kids and her working full time are making it hard to meet up, not to mention she lives about an hour away. I'm not saying I gotta see her every day of course but once a month is too few for dating. It may as well be a long distance relationship.

Bottom line is if you have a best friend who's a parent, which I have a few of, and you hardly get to see them then the same thing will happen with your date who's a single parent. Realize what you're getting into.