Do you think dating sites are only for losers and ugly people who can't get dates without using dating sites?

I feel like its only for people with low selfesteem and people who are losers.

4354

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I met my partner online.
    I don't consider either of us a loser or ugly... although I do have low self-esteem.
    You might have something with low self-esteem, but I wouldn't call them "losers".

Most Helpful Guy

• I think so.

Even if a guy is "too busy" to find time to date, he still inevitably meets people. After all, it's people who are "not" too busy that have "less" opportunities to meet people. So, I don't buy that whole, "I never have any time to date, and THAT'S why I'm online dating."

When you're at a gala, or a fundraiser, or an annual event, or Christmas party after Christmas party, you're going to inevitably meet people. And, unlike men, women are like seeker search-and-destroy auto-targeting missiles. They're going to notice who is who, they will ask around about who you are, and they'll start moving their way closer into your line of sight, then proximity, then "oops" bump into you, and then eventually talk to you.

As a guy, I'd MUCH rather take that dynamic. What's the alternative? Being a complete stranger online (actively looking for a female partner), and being like one out of 200 people per day who sends a message to the top 1% of girls (who are probably fake accounts anyway).

Now, same thing for girls. You'd rather NOT "list" yourself to the world as "actively looking," and just "exist" in time and space. If you're attractive, then guys who aren't overloaded with attention from other sources will gravitate towards you. The guys whose attention is being preoccupied can be more easily focused on you "in person," because chances are, if you're attractive, there are not that many other attractive girls in the same room with you (not the case online, where all a guy has to do is click next).

So, I think the same thing. If a guy is online, it's probably because he is nobody important in real life. If a girl is online, then it's probably because she has low self esteem (or is unattractive but delusional).

So, online dating is like that dark bad place in the Lion King where Simba's dad is like, "You must never go there."