Do guys usually avoid women at all costs when they sense they're slightly pissed off or annoyed?

Anonymous
Been on a few dates with this guy. Yesterday I invited him to happy hour for this evening. He told me he would keep me posted, because he had a meeting scheduled for tonight.

Fast forward to today. I didn't hear from him until 4pm, which I found a bit rude. He called me and said that he was going back and forth all day talking to his clients about whether their meeting was still "on" for 730, which was why he couldn't get back to me earlier on in the day. He told me that he'd be available after the meeting around 830 or 9, and I said that's fine just as long as its not TOO late. Every response I gave him had a slight annoyed tone to it, mainly because he's pulled this shit before and its happening for the 2nd time. He did explain himself and he sounded really sweet, but I still couldn't help but sound slightly pissed. I'm just really bad at hiding how I feel.

Anyway, he was supposed to contact me after his meeting at 830 or 9, but he didn't. I'm wondering if its because of my attitude on the phone earlier. If so, I feel a little bad for acting that way, but a part of me is also like whatever.

8
2