I don't find my boyfriend's body attractive?

It's a fairly new relationship so we have not has sex yet. Basically, long story short: He has a belly that sticks out (and his body is not toned), and it bugs me, and I feel like if we did have sex, that I wouldn't enjoy it.

I am an athletic person, and I at least try to exercise and maintain my shape.

This is the only thing that bothers me (I love everything else about him).

I know this sounds incredibly shallow but I find him more attractive when he has clothes on rather than clothes off. How do I approach this to him, without hurting his feelings?

1029

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's that much of a problem, you really need to talk to him.
    Look, I've got the same issues your boyfriend probably has (though I'm probably a little fatter and uglier). If you speak to him about it (perhaps about exercising rather than telling him you're not really attracted straight up) he'll infer that you've got some issues.
    If it becomes a really big deal, he gets angry, then we've got some other issues.
    A person should be willing to work for their partner (not CHANGE their personality or anything, don't come after me y'all).
    It's a long road ahead of anyone to get in shape, whether they're obese or simply overweight, it simply changes whether it will be months or years.
    If you want to, for instance (this is just a vibe I got from your question) have him stay clothed in some aspect during sex, then there's a whole conversation you need to have.
    That's a stickier issue, and might result in a more serious conversation about how you feel about his body.
    Good luck OP.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can ask him to join the gym with you, I mean its not really offensive. I've told my boyfriend I've noticed a change in him, he's getting softer lol even though he's quite fit, its easy to see the change and he acknowledges it and truly wants to go back to the gym after having a couple weeks off because he knows the gym will make him feel better.