Is it wrong to keep my unattractive boyfriend around for practice until I find my Mr. Right?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The fact you have to ask this question is disturbing.

YES it's wrong. It's leading him on and supplying false hope. That's called using and taking advantage of someone.

I suppose it would be ok if you will pay for all future dates and provide him with awesome sex multiple times a day, as well as wax his car once a week. At least he gets something out of the deal. Then you can practice all you want on him til Mr Right comes along.

What kind of sociopath are you? My goodness!

6|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it is wrong to tactlessly, carelessly use someone knowing that you plan on disposing of them sooner or later. If you are sincere in asking whether this is wrong or right then that most likely means your moral compass is completely broken or it doesn't exist. That's what you need to be focused on instead of focusing on which man is in your life. With your value system, it doesn't matter what man is in your life: you will never have the depth it requires to mentally, emotionally, and spiritually satisfy them. Another woman will always outshine you because of what's missing from your heart. So I suggest you stop focusing on men and focus on yourself because it looks like you have some legitimate work to do.

1|4
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 41

• of course it's wrong and you know it's wrong that's why you're asking...

8|2
    0|0
  • Lol "for practice" ... I'm judging you so harshly right now miss anon from hell lmao

4|6
    0|0
  • If he was unattractive you won't have been with him in the first place.

3|3
    0|0
    • Some women specifically date a guy less attractive than them as a way to guarantee he won't leave her or treat, because he's likely to never find someone as "good" as her. It's shitty, but a lot of girls do this

• How would you like it if a guy you saw as "Mr right" thought you were unnatractive and just kept YOU around for practice until he found someone better?

3|2
    0|0
  • It's not practice and it sounds more like being desperate to have anybody in your life. Sorry to say but it is wrong to toy with someone's feeling like that.

2|1
    0|0
  • nah, it's not wrong.

once you ditch him, he'll probably find someone ten times better than you after he's got over it. plus he will have the practice himself, while you partner up with someone equally vain, superficial and shallow who truly deserves you and likewise (you truly deserve him).

0|0
    0|0
  • If you didn't like him in he first place, why did you ever go out with him? Out of pity? Besides maybe he is just not attractive to you. And if you are taking this view on what your friends have said, then you tfuely don't know yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on how you're playing him. If you're up front about it and he knows then I see nothing wrong.
    If you're doing what I assume you're doing which is exactly what you wrote and he hasn't a clue about it then I find it very wrong...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes stringing someone along is really shitty. I'm sure he has a feeling you're doing it too.

3|1
    0|0
  • yeah it is and it's something women tend to do. Lets face it, how many girls do you know that would be single if they could stand to be alone or afford to live by themselves?

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 25

• Yes, leading a person on is virtually the cruelest thing you can do. Read a few self help books, rub one out, and wait for the right guy. Don't ruin that current boyfriend for the sake of your own selfishness.

1|0
    0|0
  • What makes you think you're so attractive?

If you were you would have found the hot guy of your dreams already. There's a reason why unattractive men have the confidence to speak to you.
    It's because you're on their level.

now I'd get my head out of my own ass If I were you

5|3
    1|0
  • That is so wrong, on so many levels. Imagine if he was thinking the exact same thing about you... wouldn't be nice, right?

3|2
    0|0
  • LOL... so he's literally Mr. Good Enough for RIGHT Now?

https://replygif.net/i/487.gif

2|2
    0|0
  • Do you really have to ask this? How would you feel if someone guy led you on until he found someone better than you?

What a terrible heart you must have. Not only are you lying to him, but you are settling and cheating yourself out of some growth. You don't HAVE to be with someone. Don't you know how to be a happy individual?

What make you think "practice" with this guy will prepare you for someone completely different? That's like saying, "If I practice the piano, it will prepare me for swimming!" The truth is, the guy you are with has a unique way of living that will in no way, prepare you for life with a completely different guy.

I feel sorry for you. Girls like you settle for less, because they can't handle being single. Then you end up in crappy relationships.

What kind of Mr. Right... aka a decent man... is going to want to be with a girl like you who uses people because she's selfishly only thinking about HER needs? You'd make the worst wife ever LOL!!!

1|3
    1|0
  • I read this and wanted to vomit! This is the reason men don't trust us, dishonest women like you who DGAF! *facepalm* You're embarrassing. I hope you aren't really asking this question and you're actually just a troll:(

1|0
    0|0
  • yes it is, because you are depriving him of his chance to find Mrs. Right.

Just do yourself a favour and let him go. Don't be a lousy person.

3|2
    0|0
  • that s stupid, arrogant, selfish, egoist, disrespectful, mean.
    bitch.
    I have to say it, you asked for it.

2|3
    0|0
    • Show All
    • @Red_Arrow lol man :P who told you they are unattractive? ^^

• Aker called him her unattractive boyfriend. You said you might even join in with them. So asker said he was unattractive.

• There's so much to reply to this question but I won't haha... to keep it simple yes, it's very wrong.

1|2
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes