Why won't boys approach me, instead they just stare?

I'm 18 and I have never had a boyfriend. Please DONT CALL ME CONCIETED IM NOT! But people always stop me on the streets and tell me how I'm so pretty and things and people always ask my mom why I haven't got a boyfriend yet and telling her to watch out for me.. But the problem is I haven't had any boys openly show interest or tell me they like me or even show signs. :( I'm so sad about this now, nearly all of my friends have boyfriends/are talking to boys/have people liking them meanwhile I'm just there and I feel stupid. I'm not sure what to do anymore it really upsets me

414

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys have a lot of things to worry about that girls don't realize. For example rejection, being made fun of for trying, she having a boyfriend and he has to deal with an overly jealous boyfriend that now wants to beat him up, etc

By the way you write I think that boys assume you already have a boyfriend or feel they are out of your league. It helps if you give them (NOT so subtle) signs that you have no boyfriend and are interested. Or better yet, just tell him.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel you girl. I'm right there with ya. I was always the one who had to initiate unless a guy just wanted one thing from me. I know people say that girls like us should initiate but the question is, why don't guys initiate anything with us? If they do it with other girls why not us? I got you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Exactly my problem!! Also the fear of rejection is the worst 😞

• It is, I get that both guys and girls have this fear but still.