This girl said she put me in the friendzone to save herself?

This girl I've known for like 7 years now we have always been cordial but the last 2 months we've reconnected and talks a lot I did move away for college but I plan on moving back in the summer or this time next year but we were talking about relationships and I was talking about how females are hard to read and how you don't know sometimes if a girl is just friends or she likes you I was talking about her but I wasn't direct about it I was just making a statement and she replied saying she put me in the friendzone to protect herself what did she mean by that?

01