A girl seemed to like me before but she’s now avoidant after I've asked her out. What should I do?

I’m a college student in 3rd year now and about a year ago I met this very nice girl. In fact, she was the one who approached me. We met on different occasions and she was always looking for my attention but I really had a lot on my mind at the time and I also had a girlfriend so I had to ignore her, although I’ve always found her cute. This year we have a common module so we talked briefly for a few times. A month ago I asked her out and she seemed positive about it but told me she wasn’t sure. I took it as a ‘no’, so I said it’s alright and left immediately. Since then she seems to be pretty angry at me for some reason: she doesn’t talk to me and even avoids eye contact. I don’t want to be a creep but I really like her. I’m not too sure what to do?

01

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• When she said "she wasn't sure" she wanted to know that what you were asking is what you meant. She wanted you to be more insistent. Instead of saying "its alright" and leaving, she wanted to know how you felt about her "being cute" and how you found her attractive. For women that response makes her feel you never cared in the first place. So she'll start distancing herself from you. What you could do in this situation is message her how you feel. She may not respond but she has to read it. She'll get back to you. Make sure you give her time after sending the message.