I have an objective to see my boyfriend cry... He never cried when his Mum died... What makes the least emotional guy cry?

Anonymous

It's not that he doesn't sound upset. When he talks he can come across emotional but his face seems normal like he's not upset. I know its weird but he told me the last time he cried was when he was a kid and he was beaten up. He tells me he doesn't cry when he's upset and he doesn't know why his Mum dying never made him cry.
I found out a day after her death and I expected to console him and comfort him with words but there was no reason to because he looked normal he just stayed silent and his excuse is that in his religion excessive displays of sadness isn't good and you have to keep it together. he's generally never emotional. He can't be made of stone surely? What can trigger him? I know it sounds weird but I wanted to see him uncontrollably upset and the reason I'm surprised is because he and his Mum were close.
He just did a little prayer of death because he's Muslim and that was that. Does he lack empathy and I don't believe he's putting up a front. He does say that people deal with in different ways but I'm sure most cry.

14
1