Girls, what do you think I should've done in this situation?

So I was at a party with a buddy of mine. I spot this girl that I think is cute that is talking with her friend. Well my friend is a good looking dude and I told him that I saw her looking at him and he noticed it too. He, however, told me to go talk to her. I backed down because she was already looking at him and if we go over there, the girl, in my opinion will probably be disappointed and think that she got dealt the short end of the stick and she has to talk to the lesser attractive dude (even though he disagrees that I am less attractive). She would probably be like "damn it. I was interested in that guy but now I have to talk to his friend instead." What do you girls think? Should I still have talked to her? Would she think like that or maybe get disappointed?

• Yes you should've still talked to her
  • No you did the right thing
  • Yes she would've been disappointed
    Vote C
  • No she wouldn't have.
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl

1

What Girls Said 1

• I don't see why you couldn't still have tried talking to her. Even if she did find your friend more attractive, there's no reason to assume that she didn't also think you were attractive and wouldn't have liked to speak to you. Besides, so what if she didn't wanna speak to you? At least you'd have known then, rather than you worrying about what you should have done later.