Can an atheist and religious person have a good relationship?

I'm a christian and like an atheist woman, can a relationship like that work?

1320

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how devoted you are and how it plays out in your everday life. Most atheists, apart from those extremist ones, won't jump down throat about it. We just personally dont believe in a higher being or in the established organized religions. Most of us are still spirituallly inclined and tolerant, just prefer not to believe in the Judeo-Christian ideals.

My boyfriend was raised Catholic and I am an Athetist so I understand that some holy days mean something to him. I may ask him questions about it cause i will be curious and I still attend funerals, weddings, and occasional mass with his family out of respect. They all know I dont attend church but appreciate that I can be there for their family in times of need. They dont try to convert me and we made the decision that of we have kids, to wait until they are old enough to understand the commitment to a religion and the verses/sermons they teach to chose what they want to observe.

Relationships are about mutual respect. If you like her, then give her a try.

Most Helpful Guy

• Monotheist religious people are only about 1% less atheist than atheists. They are atheist in regards to every other god that has ever been believed, except their own. Atheists just add one more to the list. With that logic, monotheists and atheists probably have more in common than monotheists and polytheists. And could possibly have more in common with each other than one might initially think.

Whether or not you could have a good relationship would probably depend on what kind of Christian you are, and what kind of atheist she is. If you want to expand on what kind of people you both are, then perhaps I can give a more thorough reply.

• What are some reasons you are Christian? What are some reasons she is atheist? Is science an important topic for either of you?

• Thanks for Most Helpful.