Is it normal for a guy to constantly look at pictures of other women naked (not to masterbate but just 'cause) while in a serious relationship?

He tries to hide it from me. It's not actually a self-esteem booster :/

411

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes.

He's a man, and as long as he has a heartbeat, he's going to be attracted to WOMEN (and that doesn't mean JUST YOU). He'll want to look at other women and fantasize about them.

BUT, this doesn't mean he doesn't love you, or that he's going to ACT on any of that stuff. He's probably not going to talk to those girls or make any effort to contact them or any of that. He just needs a part of his brain stimulated, and only NEW and DIFFERENT women can do that. It wouldn't matter if you were a 10/10, he'd still have a desire to look at other women, because they are DIFFERENT and NEW.

This is evolutionary behavior that men have developed through Natural Selection, as a man "spreading his seed" makes for the most diverse genetic makeup, which means the species is more likely to survive diseases and mutations. Women have traits and characteristics that also strengthen the species, such as: a desire for a relationship, the nesting instinct, and being protective of her children. Men's desire for variation in women is no less natural, and no less ingrained on his psyche, then women's instincts are.

But you shouldn't take them personally, because they have nothing to do with you. If he was dating some other girl, he'd still have these desires, and it wouldn't matter if she was hotter than you or uglier than you. He'd still desire OTHER, DIFFERENT women.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Seems weird to me... why look at them if he's not having a wank? I don't get it...

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE