What qualities do you look for in a girlfriend?

What qualities do you look for in a girlfriend? My guy friend was telling me the other day he wanted to date his girlfriend because she was honest, fit in well with his guy friends, supportive of his passions, and shared the same goals. I was really impressed with his positive response.

Is this what all guys look for? Or what do you look for in a girlfriend?

664

Most Helpful Guy

• I quit creating list of qualities that I look for for several reasons:
    1. I never follow them
    2. It's always changing
    3. They're often filled with too vague, overhyped, or overly common qualities
    4. I'm not always as honest, knowledgable, or as I should be when making them
    5. It encourages me to be more judgmental than curious.

Instead I give instructions or set goals for myself and my relationships:
    1. Find someone who intrigues you more than they irritate you
    2. Find someone who both challenges and supports you
    3. Work on discovering, understanding, and appreciating who she is as well as who she wants to be
    4. Try to cooperate with her to make something that works for the both of you.
    5. Be attentive to what emotions/thoughts are motivating your behavior
    6. Don't ignore your suspicions, intuitions, feelings, or assumptions but don't let them control your decisions.
    7. Consider her future

Most Helpful Girl