Do guys not take hints?

I wanted to ask a guy out to lunch, but I got too nervous to ask. So instead I asked "Have you had your lunch yet?" and his response was "Nope, I think I'll have some later on".

Was that not enough of a hint? Should I just brave this one out and ask him?
Guys, how would you want to be asked if I were to ask you to lunch?

841

Most Helpful Guy

• Just ask him. The problem is the fuss SOME women make if we get it wrong. I just answered a question yesterday that a guy posted saying he had been asked for weeks by a woman what he did on his weekends and one day he said to her "I am going to…. this weekend coming do you want to come?" She run off to her boss and he got into trouble. The boss said "I see you have been getting to over friendly with the female staff and you made her uncomfortable." I don't think his side of the story was ever listened to. I am not saying you are like that at all but what I am saying is women like this only cause damage and make it hard for men to ask good women out.

Most Helpful Girl

• That wasn't much of a hint.

but no, boys are really bad at picking up on hints honestly. Like you gotta be blatantly obvious and sometimes even then they don't pick up on it :P