Would you date interracially?

i find it hard to look at some girl (arab girls especially) and think of them as partners, and i mean not the girl herself, she might be beautiful, nice and great, but her parents and aquaitences might not deem me as a good pick for their daughter or hate me for being jewish and even might threaten me... anyone else has that feeling?
  • no, this is weird and you are probably racist (would argue against it)
  • i get what you try to say, but you are still wrong about interracial dating
  • never had that feeling
    Vote C
  • i agree completely
    Vote D

2125

Most Helpful Girl

• I am currently dating a guy who's not white, so a different race.
    His family seems cool with my being white. My family, mother specifically, doesn't seem to feel the same. Saying that she can't believe that I'd even think of dating someone who's not Catholic, or asking if I'm not bothered by the fact that potential children in the future won't be blonde haired, blue-eyed. (He's Asian.)

I say whatever; I'm the one in the relationship, not my family. I'm not going to choose who I marry/have kids with based off of what kind of children I hope to have with him. As long as they're happy and healthy, that's what matters most, in addition to my getting along with the guy in question, of course.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't refuse to date someone simply because of race. That being said, my preferences still apply and physical attraction is still important to me (along with emotional attraction, naturally).

While my type tends to fall upon my own race more, I wouldn't exclude people outside of my race from being my type.

I would suggest, in your case, that you date the girl for the girl she is. Rather, worry about the family later. You are dating her-- not her family.

That being said, she may throw in rejection later on if she decides to pick family over you... But what if her family isn't like that? What if she was your life's best opportunity?
    The point is, the avoid regrets and live life to the fullest, I would go after the girl.