He withdrew from relationship and then came back full of affection. What happened?

Anonymous
I have been dating this guy for about 4 months now. We have both been very careful not to label anything (my choice and I'm sure he loves it!) so we have been taking things slow and, although we are intimate, we are really focusing on building a strong friendship before all else.

He withdrew for about two weeks in the 3rd month of dating. He texted to check in every other day (not like the full on daily conversations we had been having the entire relationship) and we saw each other twice within that period of time. I really thought it was the end; I thought he lost the attraction for me. At the end of the two weeks of his withdrawal I wrote him a text saying, "If you're available today, I'd like to have a little chat" - I hadn't seen him in a week, had only seen him once the previous week and I was prepared to let him off the hook.

Maybe he knew because asked me over immediately. The same day he took me to a museum I'd been asking him to go with me to for weeks and weeks, we ate out, watched a movie, and had the best day of our young relationship. That day was the mark of a new relationship between us. Now we talk even more, he calls me pet names, touches me and kisses me more, etc. It's like he completely changed. What happened? Did he all of a sudden realize he wants to be with me?
0
1