Do you think people treat online dating like it's just a hobby nowadays?

Anonymous
I was talking to my friend who's a little bit older who became hesitant to do online dating as he's gone through a lot of shit with it just like I have, but he said 6 or 7 years ago, when he used online dating, people were actually serious about dating. They didn't necessarily force a relationship from the get go but they were serious about still wanting to see people.

For me, I've had an ongoing trend it seems where I can get a lot of dates, maybe a few hookups and flings here and there but nothing beyond that and it seems discouraging.

I've had a lot of seemingly good dates that'll end with a kiss, making out, etc only for the girl to never respond afterwards or if they do, it's you're a nice guy but... or I'm not ready to date, etc.

Even the flings I've had, once we get to date 3 or 4, and things seem to get more serious, those would end too.

It just seems like online dating is a bunch of window shopping or a mass shopping spree and when you date, you can't just date one. As the old adage goes, never put all your eggs in one basket.

Having said that, I feel like I'm constantly dating and for guys who brag about getting a lot of women, it absolutely means jack shit. Quality > Quantity.

I just don't know if it's something I'm saying, doing, whether I'm doing too much or too little.

What are your thoughts? Anyone else go through this?
1
1