How long to wait to confirm a date?

Anonymous
I have been seeing this guy for about 2 months. First month - great! Saw each other all the time and texted everyday. He initiated most things, but not all and I always responded enthusiastically. Second month, he was "very busy" with work and I only saw him once the entire month. He did text most days, but mostly "good morning" or "how are you." I thought he had totally lost interest.

So, I finally texted him and said that I had really enjoyed getting to know him and that I had a lot of fun with him - but was he still interested in dating? He responded that he was interested but just had been very busy. He did ask to see me again this week and I said I was free Friday or Saturday - he said let's plan on that.

It is Wednesday and I haven't heard from him in two days.

I have two questions:

1. What is a reasonable amount of time to wait for him to confirm the date?

2. I feel like if he doesn't confirm by Thursday AM for Friday PM date (or Friday AM for Saturday PM date) that I should accept other offers to go out with friends, etc. If he does contact me, I should tell him, "I hadn't heard from you so I made other plans." What would be an appropriate response?

I totally understand people are busy, but really? No one is THAT busy if someone is important to you, right?

THANKS!
How long to wait to confirm a date?
1
2