How can I become social?

i am 24 and i barely have friends... i am not good at making friends... never have been. I dont know how to make them and it also maybe because i grew up not caring to fit in with my peers... and i grew up with a mom who isn't social at all and didn't encourage us to make friends... i also never had a boyfriend and i am still a virgin...

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Learn to care about people and find them interesting. e. g. learn about God/Jesus, that changed me around so that I liked people... because I could see we were all messed up, and then I cared for them. That made me more outgoing... and just keeps getting better. they can't hurt me as much as they used to, and that helps because people sense I'm not affraid and am outgoing... even though I was an introvert.

Find some hobbies you are passionate about and activities... sports. you have to go out to be social. I guess you could online game, but that seems inadquate to me to really socialize.

Lots of guys are like you... I've seen then at 30+ years old, you are not alone, but start working on it now as it takes time.

You don't have to have like 100 friends, just 2-3 close ones is awsome.

start talking to some gaggers you find really fun and interesting, and chat with them, get to meet them and know them. I've done that, its been awsome. Be careful of course with anything online as I 've heard about "stalkers", so use your common sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• Try talking to people. It's not that difficult.

What Guys Said 4

• As someone who has social anxiety, I know how difficult it is for people like us to socialise. But your gender gives you more leverage, since socially awkward women aren't judged half as harshly as their male counterparts.

• you could try local clubs or activities. something small so it's not to intimidating. always a good way to meet new people. especially if it's something that offers classes for new people as everyone will be in the same position as you

• What are some of your interests?

• dance ;)

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!