Hey everybody need some help/advice
A couple days ago my girlfriend was texting on her phone and I'm almost positive it was another guy. She deleted it real quick and when I asked her who she just deleted she said it was one of her girlfriends. I'm like why would you delete it if it was nothing bad and I can just tell when she's lying cause I have been with her for almost 2 years. This has happened in the past and I've even been cheated on. So I finally called it quits after an off and on relationship and now I feel like I always do sad and depressed and helpless :( I'm wondering if I did the right thing especially since were not officially together but still say I love you to each other and hang out when we're both home from college. Just wondering if I did the right thing and what to do here on out. Thanks for the help!
Most Helpful Guy
[ Was it right? ] : Yes, it was what you wanted to do
[ Was it fair to her? ] : Not at all, you're bringing your past into the present.
What you need to do:
1) Get over the past
- Yes being cheated on sucks, but just breaking up with your currently relationship isn't going to help sh*t.
2) Learn how to handle these situations for the future
- Instead you need to learn how to control the situation and be a leader: "Do you mind if I call that number?"
3) Stand by your values
- ... If she freaks out and says "don't call that number" ; then you are completely justified in breaking up with her. NEVER allow yourself to be walked on. Women will respect a man that can respect himself and her.
Overall, just remember to be respectful of her and yourself;
- you don't need to start namecalling (Calling her a lieing skank or a stupid cheating bitch)
- you don't need a reason to be a man, you're calling a number (not putting down her dog)
- you need to start finding other ways to protect yourself than breaking up with a girl.