Im 30 and like a 25 year old. Does age matter to a guy?

I'm 30 and i like a guy who is 25. I know he does have a little crush on me too, but would it bother him that I'm 5 years older than him, and in my 30s

922

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably not. I've dated and slept with women who were sometimes 6,7,8, sometimes 9, or 10 years older than me. I enjoyed their company and they enjoyed mine. It didn't work out in those cases but it was due to other factors not age. Currently I'm in a long term committed relationship and my partner is 3 years older. I'd say go for it.

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends on the guy. Some guys like older women, while some like em younger. Some guys like women who are about the same age as them.
    If he likes you, it means that it doesn't bother him that you're 5 years older than him.

What Guys Said 21

• It might matter to some men, not to others.
    The only way to find out is to ask.
    It would not have bothered me.

• Depends what you're and his agenda of life are. If you're agenda and his are comparable , then it does'nt matter at all

• Nope it won't matter I'm 6 years younger than my LADY and been together almost 10 years

• It matters. But once you get to your age. It doesn't. Like you know a 15 year old and a 10 year old? Disgusting. A 30 year old and a 25? That sounds perfectly normal.

• Hell no!.. I am 19 and if a 25yrs old girl says she wants me!.. Dates! Rocket glares, red flares,.. And bedroom it is..

• Depends on if either of you wants to have a family. If yes, then you might possibly be too old for what he wants due to your biological clock already ticking.

• You're s fucking idiot she's 30 not 80 het"biological"clock hadn't even begun to tick you should have paid more attention in health class or don't you make it to 4th grade you fucking IDIOT time to move out of your mamas basement and step away from the xbox the girls on grand theft auto aren't real they don't COUNT holy shit you're an IDIOT I mean really your so STUPID I think I lost IQ points just reading your STUPID STUPID question lmao

• @Jack1313

You sound butthurt.

Reality is that the ideal age for women to get pregnant is from early to late 20s. Afterwards the risk increases proportionally for every passing year. That's the biological reality and no amount of butthurt can change that.

Not to mention that the asker in this isn't even dating the guy already. Aka it would take at least several months, probably years, until she would get pregnant. And as a result she would increase the health-risk for her and the baby with every bit it takes longer.

• That's not a big stretch at all... if he is mature for his age and is managing his life to the point you two are comfortable then there is nothing wrong with that age difference.

• 30? Too young for me.

• Still, you should try something. In the end it will be your manners and not the age, having the last word. I say, do what you can to get him.

• I don't think so.. It all depends on him and if his mature enough to accept and and see where it could lead...

• If it was me and I thought you were attractive I would probably try to have sex with you, maybe on going but I wouldn't want a relationship with someone older than me. All depends on the guy though right.

• there's nothing wrong with a 5 year age difference.

• If you know he likes you why are you asking if it matters?

• Not to me. I'd like to know how to talk to older women myself as a 26-year-old.

• He just talks to me normally. I just get paranoid when he mentions my age, so maybe don't bring it up if you're talking to an older woman

• That does matter but he doesn't care, so...

• You said he likes you in your info, why would it bother him?

• at those ages, not really

• Age does matters dear

• Tbh i wouldn't mind being with a hot 40yo
    Age doesn't mean much

• it shouldn't bother him. I've dated older women too and it was never an issue for me. But everyone is different soooooo the only way to find out is to talk to him about it or just be bold and ask him out :D

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• Shouldn't matter if he likes you

• I don't think it does

• unless he was 13 or 15 & you were 18 or 20 should matter.

• If u looked 10 years older, u make him weird looking with u

• In this case, I don't think it should, really.

• I don't think he would care.

• 5 years is not a large age gap. You are both from the same generation after all.

. As people get older the age gap seems be less wide. For e. g the age gap between a 16 and 21 yr old seems a lot , but as they both reach their late twenties and thirties the age gap becomes insignificant.

• I don't think that's a big age difference. But the only problem is your 30 and probably thinking about kids because fertility is a real thing, if that's what you want. And at 25, that's probably the furtherest thing from his mind. So different pages in life might be a problem