+1 y

Boyfriends bad past?

I am with my boyfriend who has been nothing but great to me. I really adore him. But there are many things in his past that I have looked over (eg. Lots of drinking, lots of sexual partners, party lifestyle.) but told myself hey its the past I didn't know him then and until he proves me not to trust him I will. And I do.

But I still find myself worrying and getting anxious over things.. How can I reassure myself? I'm afraid to bring it up to him, I did once before and it didn't go so well.

I just wish I could shut that part of my brain off, but can't help comparing our pasts and somehow thinking its "unfair" or wanting to know the amount of girls etc etc. I find myself getting jealous and insecure.

I just want to know if anyone has some experience here or advice on how to tame my inner jealousy beast.

I want to be able to love him fully and not worry about the person he was. A part of me is scared I don't know him well enough, but again he has shown me nothing but kindness. He has said some stupid things, but nothing to hurt me on purpose.

Boyfriends bad past?
Add Opinion