+1 y

Boyfriends bad past?

I am with my boyfriend who has been nothing but great to me. I really adore him. But there are many things in his past that I have looked over (eg. Lots of drinking, lots of sexual partners, party lifestyle.) but told myself hey its the past I didn't know him then and until he proves me not to trust him I will. And I do.

But I still find myself worrying and getting anxious over things.. How can I reassure myself? I'm afraid to bring it up to him, I did once before and it didn't go so well.

I just wish I could shut that part of my brain off, but can't help comparing our pasts and somehow thinking its "unfair" or wanting to know the amount of girls etc etc. I find myself getting jealous and insecure.

I just want to know if anyone has some experience here or advice on how to tame my inner jealousy beast.

I want to be able to love him fully and not worry about the person he was. A part of me is scared I don't know him well enough, but again he has shown me nothing but kindness. He has said some stupid things, but nothing to hurt me on purpose.

Boyfriends bad past?
4
2