Notice I quoted "true" nice guys. Im only talking about "genuine" nice guys. Not the kind that "claim" to e nice and get rejected.
- Yes at least one of these reasons is usually why "genuine" nice guys can have trouble getting women50%(1)42%(5)Vote40%(4)
- No , none of these reasons causes majority of problems "genuine" nice guys have with getting women50%(1)58%(7)Vote60%(6)
Most Helpful Guy
The basic problem is that most women have something of a submissive streak. Sure, feminism gave them rights and all and that's a good thing, but nature itself is sexist and men usually are turned on by control and women are turned on by being submissive - all to varying degrees. The problem with "nice guys" is that they don't come across as having that take-charge control mentality so that does not appeal to the instincts of such women.
Therefore, for the "nice guy" to succeed, one of three things needs to happen:
1. He needs to find a woman who herself prefers to be dominant (yes, they exist).
2. He needs to become more assertive and a bit of an asshole - in other words, less of a nice guy. (*)
3. He needs to hook up with a woman who has learned her lesson; yes, she may prefer dominant guys in bed, but she realizes that she doesn't like assholes outside the bedroom, so these women appreciate "nice guys" more.
(*) In the late 1980s, a friend of mine who is 10 years older than me summed it up below. I was shocked at the time (I was in my mid-20s), but have come to understand that much of his statement is true. He said:
Treat whores like queens and treat queens like whores.0