Guys, How do you feel about dating a girl who is a single mom?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• I've dated a single mum before

What Guys Said 31

• Not gonna happen. A single mom at my age or younger? She's an idiot (unless she was raped, that's another issue).
    Not gonna date someone that thinks it's ok to have kids when she can't even take care of herself.

• For an occasional date and social interaction yes. For a relationship, no. She is single for a reason and that is a redflag for relationship material. Also, from my experience, single moms are used as place holders until an attractive childless woman comes along.

• I always think "No matter what she says I'm going to feel obligated to take care of the kid. I don't think I'm ready for that and I'm not sure I want to be tied down" I also consider to myself that maybe when all is said and done I'd enjoy being a father and having my 40's and 50's kid free

• friends with benefits, FB, ONS, sure.

Date? Hell fuckin no. Ain't happening.

• No. There is literally no reason too, given that we are at historical lows for fertility rates.

Why deal with a kid? Why start out being number 2 in that girls life? Why deal with a constant reminder of some fling she had? Naw. Left swipe.

• I've done that before.

It's definitely not as easy as dating someone who doesn't have that responsibility.

It's important to establish boundaries and make sure everyone understands that that kid is not your responsibility.

Unless you get really involved and decide to live together or marry. But that's another story.

• HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AND ANY MAN THAT SAYS YES HAS NO STANDARDS

• feels like dating a person for that you will always be only the second most important thing after her child. while i agree that it should be that way, i donĀ“t want that for myself. i want a single girl without kids.

• god take me now
    no guy like caring for other mess

• It will be much harder for you there is a lot of extra work and a lot of it would get passed on to us which puts us off.
    Getting pregnant will make dating much harder use protection and be willing to abort till your older and sure you (both!) want a kid!

• Not yet. But lets say I do meet somebody amazing , and it's been a while since she ended with father, then I'd consider it given that I have no obligations on her child untill our relationship gets more serious. I mean like going and picking him up at kindergarten or changing his diapers, or taking care of him all alone. I could play a bit with him though.

• an 18 year old single mother... wow.
    Too much screwing around, right?

• I won't date a girl who is a single mother.

• Come on, you already know the answer, especially if 18-year old you is the single mother...

• I rather not. But if this girl happens to he an amazing woman, I think id take the chance. If tho I dobt want kids... If that makes any sense?

• That depends on whether the dad is still in the picture and how old the kid is.

• Dont need no baby mama drama

• Not a problem at all

• personally i would go for it right now. im still young and want my own family and still have travel and education to complete not to mention dealing with the childs father and such. that being said when im ready to settle down i think it could be ok.

• I would. But only because I'm ugly and therefore desperate. If I had a choice between a single mum and a childless woman I'd choose the childless woman, even if she was worse or less attractive in other ways.

• maybe later in my life... not ready for a kid and depending on the kids age it can be difficult

• Depends on her age. Are you asking for your mom or something?

• If it goes well, then you will take up someone's kid, which isn't bad.

Or is this just booty calls?

• Usually I'm no step-father material

• Even if I did, it would only just be for coffee, breakfast, lunch, dinner, eat here, eat there, drink something here or there and do something fun here and there, blah blah. Nothing else beyond that. I will always keep in mind that this would only be just for social interactions, etc. despite even if that can be considered "dating", and it doesn't go anywhere else beyond that. Or I'd make it as clear as possible about it from the beginning.

• i'm okay with it

• I wouldn't do it. Too much drama, and it will always be you and the child with me as the outsider.

• Having a kid before I even had sex? Feels like being Holy Virgin Mary

• But I know some guy who are/were in relationship with a girl bringing kids from former relationships and they were also in the top list of other girls

3 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more