On a first date, which of the things below would you rather do?
- Go for drinks12%(98)12%(181)Vote13%(83)
- Have a dinner date19%(162)19%(277)Vote18%(115)
- Walk and grab a coffee40%(337)38%(564)Vote36%(227)
Most Helpful Guy
I don't drink (though I have no problem with my date having a drink or two), I don't drink coffee, and in my opinion dinner dates are best left for a little later into the relationship. Movies are also USUALLY a poor date option, because the most important thing you should be doing on a date - TALKING - can't really be done at the movies.
When I have a first date, I plan it around some kind of simple event that gives us a lot of time to talk to each other. I've done many different things on first dates - some being super simple and others a bit more elaborate - but the focus always being the two of us having "alone time" (but in a public place) to talk to each other. I also try to talk to the girl a while before planning the date, to get an idea of the kinds of things she's interested in, and I decide accordingly.
Some things I've done on first dates:
- kite flying
- dog walking
- shooting range
- pool (billiards)
- pool (swimming)/hot tub
- go-cart racing
- driving/road trips
- local live music (bars or outdoor events)
Another thing is that dinner and movie dates are common and can be boring. Doing something different will seem fresh and interesting to most girls, and it's even better if you can tailor it to their interests. It just takes a bit of imagination.0
Most Helpful Girl
1. In my opinion grabbing drinks is what you do once you're dating or a couple for multiple reasons but my main reason is so you don't get drunk and wind up sleeping together.
2. A cinema on a first date is a horrible idea because you're suppose to get to know the person so why one earth would you go somewhere and do something where you can't talk?
The other options are perfectly fine but I think I would go with other and just go for a walk in the park and maybe grab ice cream. Lol so close enough to option D only I'm just not a fan of coffee :)0