Girl, taller than average, is it advantage?

I am a girl around 5'9" and slim. I always told by parents that being a tall girl is advantage when attracting guys because it is considered more attractive than short. I know it is not important too much but being tall is advantage to attracting guys?

• Advantage
  • Disadvantage
  • Does not make any difference
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:

419

Most Helpful Guy

• The shorter a male is, the harder it is for him to find a partner. The taller a female is, the harder it is for them to find a partner.

Why do I say this? Typically, men limit themselves only to women that are shorter than them. Naturally, the shorter they, themselves, are, the more difficult it is for them to find someone who fits that criteria. The same can be said for women, just substitute the word "shorter" for "taller".

Whether your height is an advantage or disadvantage depends entirely on you, and how uptight you are about your partner being required to surpass you in height.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pro: it gives you the nodel look, graceful, can eat more, better when it comes to dating very tall guys

Con: If you want your man to be taller (like I do) you have less options. Tbh I love being 5'6" because I'm not short but I'm not tall either so there are many attractive guys who are a couple of inches taller still.

What Guys Said 18

• I dont think it's an advantage over average or short women. It's just something some men like. You'll be fine as a 5'9" girl I think.

• depends on the guy, I personally think it's attractive when a girl is my height

a lot of guys like short girls though, and the short girls like tall guys, etc. That's just a group I'd avoid though

At the end of the day depends on the guy you're trying to attract

• Your height is good, much taller would look weird.. but chicks who are tall and have curves just drive me crazy.. D;

• Unless it's sports it doesn't make any damn difference

• For me, taller is better, yes, though 5'9" isn't really that tall for a girl. I prefer women in the 6'2" - 6'6" range, but I'm not picky about it.

I'm 5'7", by the way.

• 5'9 isn't that tall. Girls, stop thinking that you're a giant or that it really matters that much

• A disadvantage as women preferring men taller than themselves is a well documented preference. Men shorter than yourself are therefore less likely to approach you.

• I would love to have a girlfriend whom i would not have to bend down to kiss. I am 5'11'' but that would definitely be better than let's say 5'2", at least when that is concerned other than that I have no difference in opinion to the girl

• I'm neutral on it, they are attractive tall and short girls that I see.

• I don't really care, but I'm 6'5" so a taller girl is good

• I actually prefer shorter girls

• It makes you look more graceful so id say advantage

• I really dont care.

• Be proud of yourself.

• Doesn't really make a difference.

• It depends on the girl. Short or tall self confidence and personality is more important.

• I'd say you're at a disadvantage. If you're only going for guys taller than you, your options are going to be limited

• Nope i dont have these kind of obsessions :D all guys are welcome

• Then you're definitely not at a disadvantage. I don't care about height either, as long as she doesn't make a big deal about it

• Depends on where you live. Preferences can be vary on different cultures.
    In western culture (US), men want to feel manly compared to their SO, they may prefer short petite girls more. It is not important but petite girls superior to taller ones I can say
    While in Europe especially north Europe, much guys demand taller girls, even taller than their national average! I know many Scandinavian guy who reject girls under their national average, so in Scandinavia short girls have it hard as short guys or fat girls.
    In Asia, I think there is no preference though height of women.

What Girls Said 3

• Hmm, I dunno. It's certainly an advantage over me at 5'2. Not necessarily for attracting men but definitely for just day to day functioning - you can actually reach things! :P I do find tall girls attractive.

• I'm 5'9" and it makes no difference.

• I'm 6'2" and I can say some guys like tall girls and some don't, that's just how it is.