Is height in a guy a preference or a dealbreaker?

• Its an absolute dealbreaker
    13%(12)17%(25)Vote24%(13)
  • Its a dealbreaker unless he makes up for it somehow
    23%(22)21%(31)Vote17%(9)
  • Its a preference
    64%(61)62%(93)Vote59%(32)

Most Helpful Girl

• i am really bored of all height question in this site.
    i would say it basically
    IF
    SOMEBODY
    DONT
    LIKE
    YOU
    BECAUSE
    OF
    YOUR
    DAMN
    FCKING
    HEIGHT
    THAN
    SCREW
    HIM/HER
    IMMEDIATELLY
    AND
    FIND
    SOMEONE
    WHO
    DESERVES
    YOU
    ...
    As a short girl around 5'4, i PREFER short guys (under 5'8") but really really dont care.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a deal breaker for most women. Most women have a rule of not dating a guy shorter than them. The only way i can see around this is if the guy has LOTS of money or social status.

However, many women take it a step further and want a guy to be several inches taller than them like 6-7 inches. So a girl who is 5'9" isn't going to be satisfied or choose to date a guy who is 5'10" in her prime years. She will only consider a 6'3" guy as a potential mate.

What Girls Said 27

• I picked its a deal breaker unless he makes up for it somehow but I kind of want to take that back. I knew a guy who had a nice car, he was attractive and smart, but I couldn't get passed the fact that we were pretty much the same height. I'm 5'3 now but this was in high school so I was probably 5'2 and a half at the time. Anyway, I'm not sure all those things and a nice personality can make up for it...

• If you were both in HS he probably grew a lot more than you did; most guys grow in height at least 2 years longer than girls.

• I seriously doubt it because we were juniors. I'm sure he still wouldn't be considered tall or even average height for a male today. For a girl who is 4'11, his height most likely won't be a deal breaker at all and I'm sure that's the kind of girls he goes for. But I don't prefer "tall for my height" I just prefer tall lol.

• I'm not sure if I would date a man shorter than me. I'm only 5'6" so most guys are taller than me.
    I definitely have a preference and it's 6'2"/6'3", anything between 5'9" to 6'5' I'm super happy. I miiiiiiight date someone 5'5" to 5'8" if they great but it's not a preference.

• I don't think it's a deal breaker depends on the person, so I will say preference because I'm 4'11 and I remember having a crush on this guy that was 2 or 3 inches taller than me.

• I think it's a dealbreaker... I'm 5'2, I wouldn't date a guy or a girl shorter than me, I don't think. My boyfriend is 6'0 and he's a little taller than my preference and I think that I wouldn't date someone any taller than him.

• I love short guys and may actually prefer them. Me being taller usually bothers them though and I feel they would prefer a shorter woman by the way they act around them.

• If you're so shallow that you can't date a man who is consider short by societal standards then maybe you don't deserve a boyfriend.

• I kinda prefer it when the guy is shorter than me. It's not a dealer breaker for me though but couldn't date a guy who was way taller than me.

• Is height in a guy a preference or a dealbreaker?
    A. Its an absolute dealbreaker

Height is a factor of physical attraction to me so there is no way a guy can make it up for me unless he wants a kissless sexless relationship.

• Wait what, are you sexually attracted to height, thats new? So you see tallness the same way guys see big boobs and big butt.
      Does that mean a guy like will ferell, who is 6'3 I believe, turns you on?

• damn just missed it at 5'9

• Why wouldn’t you date a guy that’s 5’7? That’s still taller than you!

• I don't care much for a guy's height. I like them taller than me, but at 5'3, it's pretty much everyone :D

• I like tall men but it's just a preference of course. Personality is more important and when it comes to looks I care the most about face.

• I have had crushes on guys were were below 5'7"
    So I think it's not a dealbreaker

• I prefer taller guys, but no, it's not a dealbreaker.
    Am currently seeing someone who's the same height as me, in fact I might even be taller than him in heels, but I'm cool w it.

• I prefer tall men. 6ft to 6'5.

media.giphy.com/media/KYNywoibU1PQ4/giphy.gif

• I prefer tall men. My boyfriend is 6ft 2

• Shorter than me is a deal breaker but mostly because I'm only 5'2" so anything taller than that is 👌

• It's neither, really. I'm really tall so many guys are close to my height or shorter.

• If a guy isn't at least 10 cm taller than I am I don't really see potential for a relationship there. I don't want to date my baby brother.

• lol by that logic a guy more than 10cm than you is your older brother, you want to date your older brother?

• What if the guy really likes it, is it still a deal breaker?

• Wouldn’t be ok if he was 5’8 and you were 5’8 in heels?

• I'm happy dating a guy the same height as me but any shorter than that I can't do.

• how tall r u?

• Why wouldn’t you wear more than 3 inch heels?

• Cus I'd probably fall over, or snap the heel, also wearing heels for several hours a time for 1/2 days a week has been proven to permanently damage your legs and posture creating weak muscle tone or something

• ı think it is preference

• I picked deal breaker only because I can't take guys shorter than me seriously. But honestly its really hard to be shorter because I'm only just five-three.

• I don't want guys who are more than a foot taller than I am. I'm fine with shorter guys though.

• I'm 5'5 and I prefer guys 5'9"-6'5"

• I prefer guys 5ft8 and taller and I like never wear heels so could accept 5ft5 and taller. I don't think that's a big ask...

• I'm 5'6 (which is kinda t

• Preference

• I love a tall guy but it's probably just one of those dumb preferences we think we have until we meet someone we like. Making out with a tower isn't even that great tbh

• If he's under 5'5 it's a dealbreaker. If he's over, it's a preference.

What Guys Said 8

• on the internet bro, it's a deal breaker

in person, you alone make all the difference

• Generally they prefer men who are 6ft or taller, but in most cases, height doesn't become a deal breaker unless you are shorter than they are.

• Most women SAY they prefer a guy that is taller than themselves. In actuality, some will "bend the rules" for a guy that has other qualities. I'm 5'4" and have been told that I get glances from women taller than myself. Too bad I suck at flirting.

• It's usually only a deal-breaker if you're really short (below 5'5),

• 6'3 up in this bitch

• I find it to be horrible to put such a limit on either gender.

• If he's not tall, he better have an 8 inch dick.

• Seems to be a preference but I think if you were friends first for awhile, it may be overlooked later on and she may go for you