Girlfriend is overly upset. What do I say?

techdude92
Background:
Keep in mind that my girlfriend and I live about 40 miles away from each other so we mainly text. My girlfriend has been stressed at work recently. She has been telling me about her stress and I’ve listened and given her my thoughts/suggestions. The other day she was particularly frustrated and was texting me at work about it. I texted back and forth with her during the day when I had time. I got back home from work and sent her a quick snapchat and immediately started working on replacing a simple part in my car (she’s aware that I have car problems right now). I didn’t tell her that I was working on my car and it took longer than I expected (about 1 hour). I wasn’t able to respond back to her text that she sent me right after my snapchat. Her text after my snapchat read “have you voted yet?"

The Issue:
After finishing with my car I noticed that the tone of her texts were different. I asked her something related to her frustration at work, but she didn’t reply to it. I figured she was too frustrated to talk about it so I didn’t pursue the conversation. She tells me the next day that she was upset that I left without saying anything for the 1 hour and said that I didn’t care about her feelings. She also said I wasn’t supportive and wasn’t there for her when she needed me because she thought we would talk more about her frustrations after I got back from work. I apologized for not being there for her, but I told her that I do care and that I’ve been there in the past. She believes that I haven’t. On top of that, she tells me that I don’t need to worry about her problems anymore and that she’ll deal with them on her own. We had planned to watch a movie on the weekend, but she no longer wants to see it and would rather just stay at home.

I don’t think I did anything wrong. At the very least, I don’t think that I deserve this sort of treatment. She’s being very stubborn and I just don’t know what to say/do at this point.

Suggestions / comments?
1
2