Is it really over?

Evelyn-s
Me and this guy were dating for little over 4 months. Everything was great, never had a fight. I have met his friends and family. He gave me the keys to his home. For the last four weeks I have been living with him bc of problems with the train and that I could not get home. The only way I could get home was taking the bus to the closest town and walk 10km, he told me I could stay at his place. He didn't like me walking on the road at night (live in Norway so it gets dark around 1600).

Anyways, I had the talk about us, and he told me he found it scary to go from dating to official relationship. I was so hurt, but told him I appreciate the honest and that we just weren't on the same page anymore. He called, texted and told me that we he just doesn't like to rush things and that he cares for me so much and does not want to lose me. Invites me to talk and figure things out, but when we met (at a coffeeshop) we didn't say much about it and went home more confused.. I've been feeling so sad and heartbroken and it really sucks. I just want it back to the way we used to talk. He told me he had bought a reindeer meet for us to eat and asked me to come to dinner today. I told him yes, but only as a friend. I need to get my things from him and also give back the key. He told me I could hold on to the key, but I said no.

I want a relationship but he is not ready for this!
What should I do? Stop talking to him? Give him space?

Guys i I would really love feedback from you and the best way to handle this.

Is it really over?
1
4