How to tell my mom I like her current boyfriend better than her last one?

Anonymous
My mom is divorced as of 2014, and the divorce became final in 2015. I live with my dad, and visit my mom every other weekend.

I finally met my mom's current boyfriend Aaron in person this past weekend after him spending four days driving from indiana to california. Me and him hit it off; he agrees with me on most things ("I totally liked her in Hannah Montana. She was much more respectful," "Let him have popcorn; maybe he just wants dessert," and when I replied that I already had a parfait before dinner, "Cool, double dessert!"). He's about a couple inches taller than me (6'2", 6'3"?), wears glasses, and has a beard (not really a beard, more of a goatee)

My mom came over today and the question slipped out. "Does he live in California or is he just visiting?" my mom looked at me, trying to figure out what I just asked and she said "He moves around for his job, why?" and I couldn't figure out what to say back to her. The truth is, i like Aaron more than my mom's last boyfriend, Jesse. I don't know how to talk to my mom about this.
1
1