I kissed my best friend and now he's feeling awkward. What do I do?

Anonymous
I and my best friend Ron had been friends since 3rd grade. We've spent so much time together that everyone used to think we are dating, including our families. We've always thought about each other's as friends. Now that we've gone out to different cities, we met at our hometown after 4 months. Everything was same between us. That day we were driving around the city and having fun. while driving he said let's make out and I said okay stop the car and we started laughing again because we both took it in a joking manner. But a few minutes later we made out. At first I thought it's without feelings but now he's feeling a bit awkward. And I'm in love with him. I guess I've always been in love with him. Never knew. I don't know what to do now. Please help.
+1 y
If he's says a no to dating I'm sure it'll ruin our friendship. I'm confused and lost. I don't want to lose him. Ever.
2
3