How do I act when a guy lets me down twice on plans we had? I don't want to appear clingy or obsessive, but I also don't want to be a pushover?

Anonymous
We haven't met in person yet but we are from the same home town and thus I know him from down the grapevine. He's a small, introverted guy. We both are a ton alike. We've talked online overnight and hours on end. I know he's interested. I'm also an attractive female, which he has stated. I'm asked out weekly. Problem is, he has made plans with me twice now (not me initiating at all, it's all on him and him suggesting numerous activities) and then last minute both times he has cancelled. It has always been work related (he found out he worked the time we were to meet, or someone called in and he had to work). He works at a food place. I don't know if they are real, I don't have proof it isn't real, but part of me feels like this last time it wasn't real. I don't get why he'd go and ask me out and plan the entire night only to blow me off? I don't want to message him since he blew me off. But I'm like waiting for him to talk to me and reschedule or apologize further but I don't know. Do guys not think this is a big deal?
+1 y
Could someone give me advice on what I can do?
3
3