Is this normal, common, part of Online Dating? I understand if you are a guy, most of your messages are going to get ignored?

Anonymous
This is what has been happening to me as of lately, with some girls, they respond to my initial message, and we exchange some messages with each-other, have a brief online conversation, then when i ask them out, ask them for their number, they don't respond anymore. Does that ever happen to any other guys? The reason why this bothers me a lot, is because generally speaking, if a girl responds to me on an online dating site, generally i'm going to get the hint that she is interested in me, because if she was never interested in me, she would haven ever responded to me in the first place. But yet this has happend as of lately, it has happend more than once, i don't recall this ever happening to me with online dating before. The reason why this has been getting on my nerves a lot, is because i've only been on 1 date with this, which was this past July, and that was my first time going on a date with a girl in 3 years!!! One of these girls was even a bigger surprise, after exchanging a couple of messages with each-other, i asked her out on a date, she agreed to go out on a date with me, but she never offered me her phone number even though i asked her more than once, it's like she didn't even noticed that i had asked her for her number in the messages we were exchanging, she agreed to go on a date, but never gave me her number, on the day me and her were supposed to meet, i send her a message many hours ahead of time, just to confirm if she is still down to meet up, and she never responded, so the date never ended up happening.

I wish i could put images of my interaction with that girl, but anyway, does this ever happen to any other guys? girls will respond to you on online dating sites, but when it comes to asking them out, getting their number, setting up a date with them, they don't respond anymore?
+1 y
This has been really getting on my nerves as of lately, it's really bringing me down and pissing me off, it feels like as if i'm getting led on
2
5