Is a 27 year old man too old for a 23 year old woman?

My crush keeps bringing up how he's so old all the time, and now it's made me overthink things as well. What do you think, is the age gap too much?

• Yeah, he's too old for you
    5%(4)4%(6)Vote3%(2)
  • No, it's fine
    95%(77)96%(136)Vote97%(59)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• lol 4 years? thats a high school relationship. weirdos. thats nothing. and the guy is bringing this up? has some issues.

no that is def not to old.

• Thanks! I don't think he thinks he's too old for me, I think he just thinks that he's too old in general :/

• jump on that dick and remind him how young he is ;)

• LOL, it'll happen 😂

Most Helpful Girl

• The rule is = (1/2 x your age) + 7
    (1/2 x 27) = 13.5 + 7 = 20.5
    Soo no, she's not too young for him.

• Thanks girl!

• oo no im not saying either way, but according to this, if a guy uses it, the girl would not work if she uses it also. just wanted to point that out, was all.

i think age is bullshit. half these people are 12 year olds and are older than me. while i have know people younger that are "adults". age is just a number and it should mean nothing. mental maturiaty should be the only thing that matters.

• I mean as long as their past the age of consent its fine

What Guys Said 18

• Nothing wrong with that.

• Me and my last exgf were pretty much that close, she was actually 24 and I was 27. To me it was no big deal I sure as hell did not think I was too old.

• Thanks! It's not old either in my opinion. I think he's insecure because a lot of his friends are married etc.

• @Asker - Oh jeez! He definitely has some insecurities. Oddly enough, I am that single friend in pretty much 90% of all my social circle. Most my friends are either getting married, been married, just have kids w/ baby mamas and daddies, or just LTRs. Does it suck yeah sometimes but they are still my friends. I just need to focus on myself.

• Exactly! He's very adventurous and lively though. I'll have to help him out there I guess!

• Age is nothing more than a number and a state of mind. I am 46. My girlfriend is 25. We have known each other for four years and I can't imagine ever wanting to be with anyone else. She is very mature for her age and said she had always felt more comfortable with people my age than with those in her own age group.

• That's a laugh of course not

• Haha thank goodness, I wonder why he's so insecure about it, I think 27 is young.

• Thanks man! :)

• You are very welcome ☺

• No its not

• Do you think he's too old for you?
    It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Heaney YOUR crush. And if you're okay with it, then that's all that matter
    Plus he isn't even that much older

• No I don't, but he keeps bringing up how old he is, and it makes me feel a bit weird because it's not old to me at all.

• Maybe he's afraid that you think he's old

• That's true, I did tell him he's young last time haha so I'll see if he brings it up again.

• It's limit in my opinion.

• It seems fine to me

• If he was 30 and you 20 that would be kind of weird xD but as is, it's fine.

• That's hardly any difference at all.

• Not really I mean by the time he's 30 you'll already be 26 so it's not as big of a gap as he makes it seem. You're in the green 😉

• That's very true! Makes it look even more natural/normal whatever haha :) Thanks!!

• It's 4 years.
    Yep big difference. lol. I have a female friend who's 23 that dates guys my age. People are different I guess.

• Haha thank you for the feedback :)!

• It's only too big if one (or both) think it is. Sounds like he's that way. Sorry to hear.

• He thinks he's just too old in general :( I think he has an insecurity about it sadly

• OK, then can I ask you a few questions?

You can PM me if you want.

• Yeah sure! :)

• no. That's a relatively normal gap.

• I think so too, thanks :)

• it's a bit of a stretch-but no

• Not even close lol

• 4 years is nothing. Many old couples I know are around 10 years age difference.

• Calendar age and emotional age are separate issues

• That's true. He's young looking physically and he's very adventurous. He's just insecure about being too old though :/

• ok.. it's sdoralguy@yahoo. com

• Thank you!

What Girls Said 15

• No, 4 years is not much, especially if the guy is older than the girl.

• You are all around the same age range. Maybe he is older than what he told you probably in his 30s. Men do lie about their sometimes to get females esp if they are into younger females.

• Yeah but he's my friend's older brother, he couldn't lie if he wanted to haha :)

• That's a good range girl.
    If he was half your age then that would be too old for you. Or if he was probably more than 10yrs older than you.

• If you have to ask, he's too old for you.

• No lol. I'm 21 and would date up to 32 if he's worth it.
    My mom is 11 years younger than my father.
    But I prefer guys around my age, and I consider 5 years gap "around my age".

• Awesome, thanks!! :) You don't think it would cause any sort of issues right? I feel very comfortable ☺️

• THank youu <3 Wish you all the best :* ^__^ <3

• ☺️✌🏼️💕💕

• No that's perfectly normal lol that's the age range I shoot for too

• I think it's fine. I don't see why someone would think that a 27 year old is too old for a 23 year old.
    It's not a big deal, it's just a 4 year gap.

• Thank you ☺️

• Okay thank you :)

• You're welcome.

Hope this helps. :)

• I have been in your position and it didn't go anywhere because I was 21 and he was 28. BUT in saying this, the reason it didn't work was because he had too much baggage from a past relationship.

If you have feelings for each other, and most importantly, are at the point where you want the same things it will work.

The hard part is when one is ready for marriage and kids and the other is still in a younger mindset

• Thank you so much for sharing! I'll want kids in maybe 5 ish years, and by then I'm pretty sure he'll be ready too, especially since he keeps bringing up how old he is haha. I think it's okay though, right?

• Yeah definitely!!! Your age gap is only as big as the difference in your lives. If you are both on the same page for the big decisions 4 years is nothing!!! ☺️☺️

• Thank you so much! I feel way better about it now. I secretly think he thinks he's too old because a lot of his friends are married/in serious relationships while he's still single. He's so adventurous and open hearted though, so I'll have to change that :P

• They should be fine in my opinion.

• Thank you ☺️✌🏼️

• Not at all. Ask him out!

• No that's hot. I want an older hubby one day.

• Nothing at all... my dad is 10 years older than my mum. They've been happily married for 35 years now. Age is not important, what matters is sharing the same values, sense of humour... chemistry. If you love each other, go for it

• These age differences don't seem like a big deal, when my boyfriend is 9 years older than me

• Ha I'm currently seeing a guy wayyy older than that. 4 years is nothing

• Does it ever "get in the way" of your lives or is everything just fine? Thanks for sharing :)

• I see what you mean. I feel very comfy with my crush, but in reality I also think I asked this question out of fear of social stigma, I wanted some sort of validation or confirmation. I don't think it should matter though :/

• Your age gap is more in the socially acceptable range. 10-15 years is when people start raising eyebrows.

• He's just begging you to tell him how fun and sexy he is. Give him some compliments!

• Really? I've never thought of it that way. I always thought he's insecure about it. Hmmm