How do I tell him to slow down and not take it too seriously?

Anonymous
To be honest, I'm not even sure what I want with him but I do know that I don't want a relationship. The thing is I do have feelings for him and told him already where I stand. However, because I do have feelings for him, we have been hanging out and been affectionate here and there but no sex. But I actually don't want us to be something, maybe flirty friends? I just don't want to be something where I put myself in a bad place like a "booty call." I'm not having sex with him and I don't plan to to be honest so friends with benefits is out of the picture. He does seem really into me, he puts a lot of effort in me such as making time to see me, making me feel good, etc. It does make me feel good to have a guy show me love especially after coming from a relationship where I didn't get much and I was the one giving it. So I can't help but want to hang out with him and you know eventually that leads to us being affectionate, playful, basically the things I am trying to stay away from. So as you can see, I don't know how to tell him since I don't even know exactly what I want but I think it's pretty clear I don't want anything serious.
1
1