If I had not slept with this guy so soon, could I have stood a chance against the other girl he was dating?

Anonymous
Don't laugh, but I joined Tinder a while ago thinking it was a legit dating app. It wasn't until recently that I realized how many people use it for hookups. So I matched with a guy & thought he wanted a girlfriend, so we went out on a couple dates. (1st & 2nd date were one month apart with texting in between) On the 3rd date, he took me to dinner & we ended up having sex.

After that, he didn't put in effort anymore & would take me to dinner at restaurants close by his house & we would go back to his place and hookup. This continued for 3 more encounters. Now, I feel heavily regretful that I even allowed for any of this to happen & didn't set a standard of what I wanted. If only I taken it slow/allowed ourselves to develop a deeper emotional connection before sex. I began reading self-help books on relationships realizing how much I could have prevented this from happening.

The reason why I'm asking if this outcome was entirely my fault was because of this: He just recently got a brand new serious girlfriend, and I'm guessing they had been dating each other around the time I was dating/hooking up with him. I looked at her IG & noticed that just a couple weeks after him & I had sex for the first time, he had given her a bouquet of flowers for her birthday and that they had gone to a music festivals, concerts and other events together. Family and friends even know her.
So, do you think if only I had not slept with him so soon and allowed ourselves to develop an emotional connection, I could have stood a chance against the other girl?

I keep beating myself up and feeling like if only I had allowed us to develop an emotional connection, I could have stood a chance against this girl.
0
2