Could you be with someone if you were thier backup plan or 2nd choice?

Spartanfromspace
You are flirting with someone, and they just keep giving you mixed signals and stringing you along. Then all of the sudden they take you with open arms. Later you suspect and find that their plan to succeed failed/life took an unexpected turn. Or they had someone else in mind that turned them down. Could you love that person if you were just thier second choice?
+1 y
Thank you all. You've given me excellent points I've never thought of. My opinion. If she were to drop out of college or move to the big city that she wanted to for example. I would confront her with it but wouldn't let it get to me. If I was just a second choice, absolutely not. I will not be second best I want to be her best. But if the scenario were the other guy hurt her and she wanted me. I would give her time to rebuild confidence, talk to her and think about it.
26
30