He said, "I don't think it's going to work out." I blew up and now there's silence. Thoughts?

Anonymous
Things were going great. During the week leading up to him saying this, we were making plans for hour weekend together, and then making plans for a camping trip next month, and he was sending good morning texts, etc. Things didn't seem wrong at all.

And then the other morning, we were having small talk via text and he asked me how much sleep I had, and so I responded with a question. I asked him when he went to sleep last night. He responded with a meme "Noah fence. None taken." And then when I responded with another question, wondering if maybe he just couldn't sleep last night cause he was tired, I felt like things got awkward.

I tried to sidestep the whole thing by asking him if there was anurging he wanted to do this weekend. He responded later with, "idk if I want to go" and then "I don't see it working out"

What the hell happened? Was it something I asked? I thought maybe it was just because he's lazy and doesn't want to travel to see me, but now I'm wondering if it's something I said or did.

I blew up at him, told him thanks for not wasting my time, and that I thought we had something. He read it but didn't respond.
1
1