Should I forget him due to not meeting?

EstellaC
I moved interstate this year to study medicine. Due to having a child I don't get a lot of time to socialise outside of my study, and when a (male med student) friend of mine told me that he had met someone that he fell in love with online I decided to give it a go. After a couple of good dates (but nothing I wanted to pursue) I started talking to a guy who lives 5 hours from my city. I was apprehensive at first (due to a possible LDR) but he almost wouldn't take no for an answer. He was so attractive too.

He called me and we started talking every evening (3-4 hours every time!). We had a strong connection; it was insane. I felt so close to him and (we both) thought we might have something special. We spoke about anything and everything - including things we didn't usually share with others. We also started speaking in the morning and during the day. However, after several weeks I began to feel apprehensive again as I felt that I was giving, investing so much and we had not met. He kept promising we would meet but we didn't. I couldn't even get him on video chat - although the dating site had verified his photos (after he sent them a video of himself) to say that he looked like his photos. We became FB friends for a time also. I ended it a couple of times over the next few weeks. He was very upset about this and withdrew quite a bit emotionally. He didn't seem to understand why I was walking away. I always missed his friendship; his voice; our long talks - and I came back.

After almost two months though, I'd definitely had enough. It was painful for me to not physically see him. I felt like we weren't progressing. It's been a couple of weeks since we last spoke. He is angry with me; doesn't want to be friends due to me ending it. Despite the distance, if we can't even meet how on Earth are we supposed to have anything/develop anything real? I feel that he is being unreasonable; and he thinks I am. Advice would be great as I can't shake him from my brain/heart.
Should I forget him due to not meeting?
0
1