Guys, If I ask you out on a date - park or museum, in public but low key- what are your expectations , or can you just take things in stride?

Anonymous
Thanks for your help.

He asked me out but i was not ready to get involved. Knowing how much i liked him i thought it'd be awkward & unfair to him to keep him at a distance and date simultaneously, so i just said no. its been several months and we are hanging out a lot and i am ready try again, but i still want to go slow. I want to ask him out though because I want him to definitely know i 'like; him. There's a lot of hidden tension bc no one is sure if we are hanging out or interested or should be giving other people a chance.

I want to cut the ambiguity and have a chance to be alone with him BUT i don't want to rush into anything. like i want it to be like a friendship except we know we like each other and go from there. slowly.

What i want to know is, does the at of asking him on a date mean he will likely expect things to progress quickly, sexually, or otherwise? Is it acceptable to go on a date if you want to take things slow, and, if you CAN go out and still take things slowly then how is it different than hanging out? like in his mind,.'well if she wants to go slow why does she ask me on a date, instead of just hang out'. if he asked me that what would i say? to me is still different but i'm not exactly sure how other than if i ask him on a date he knows i like him, and we are alone.

2