Need help! I decided to ring the guy I like halfway through texting him. Was this a mistake? Did I come across as too needy?

Anonymous
Okay, I'm really worried I've come off too strong here! I was away for the weekend and the guy I've been dating said for me to get in touch with him when I was back. So I text him when I was on my way back and we swapped a few messages. When I got home, I was really tired and couldn't really be bothered to text him the details of my weekend so I suggested a quick phone call to briefly catch up on our weekends. My worry is, did that seem too much? I liked hearing his voice and we both like each other but I don't know... did this seem overly keen on my part? We've dated for about a month, and we have slept together. Am I seriously Overthinking this? I got hurt and messed around so much in my last relationship, that I don't want to mess this one up too.
2
1